An angler's journal

An angler's journal

Saturday 22 November 2014

Perch - The traditional way

I've fancied getting amongst some Perch for a while so all week I've been planning to make it happen. While I have caught them on lures and more recently drop-shotting, I was keen to land some in a more traditional way. This meant digging out my dad's old centrepin, which has been idle for many years. I took it apart, cleaned it and lubricated it before loading it with 6lb line. I also purchased some traditional style bobber floats and gathered some worms. Surely, I couldn't fail?


The above items were matched to an Avon rod and a size 8 hook. That said, with plenty of colour still in the water, it's fair to say the Perch weren't desperate to feed with abandon. However, that didn't stop me from catching. Although none of the fish were huge, I did manage one of about a pound, which made for a nice photo with the float and pin.

Today's weather forecast appears to be promising a cooler spell so it looks like predator fishing will be the order of the day in the near future. As always, feel free to comment and share to help me spread the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment