An angler's journal

An angler's journal

Thursday 22 November 2012

Warwickshire Avon in flood, what a surprise!

Unsurprisingly, the Warks Avon has burst its banks. I had a session lined up for Tuesday evening but a live appearance on Radio Hereford & Worcs meant I didn't get home as early as I had hoped. I had fancied my chances of a Barbel with the mild weather and a little extra water, but I always like to be setup and settled before dark and with that not happening I decided not to go. However, it hasn't stopped raining since so a fishing trip looks a way off at the moment.

The road as I left Fladbury for work this morning
At least the horses aren't bothered

The Environment Agency website details river levels and the Evesham station usually reads about 0.50m when the river is at normal level. It's been hovering around 3.50m for much of the day. Although the river levels appears to be falling, the forecast for this evening (Thursday) is for more heavy rain so it looks like it will be getting worse before it gets better. 

Fancy a seat?
Spot the river, it's there somewhere!

If anyone is thinking of venturing out in the coming days on the Avon, or any other river for that matter then be sure to take care. No fish is worth risking an accident for!

No comments:

Post a Comment