An angler's journal

An angler's journal

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mr Crabtree comes to our screens

It's been announced that Freeview channel, Quest will be airing a TV version of the famous 'Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing' towards the end of the month. Their site [here] has all the details so set your Sky+ box.

I'm lucky enough to own a copy of the original book courtesy of my father who bought it back in the 1950s when he was child. I remember reading the book avidly as a 10 year old when I first became interested in fishing and marveling at some of the beasts he seemed to catch so effortlessly. I also recall he had copies of the comic strips printed in the Daily Mirror newspaper that he kept in a tin. I'll have to ask him about those next time we meet. I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying the book inspired many of us anglers and it will be interesting to see how the presenter, John Bailey, transfers the book into a television series.

Also, since I'm always trying to increase my audience please click 'Follow' further down on the right or add my site to your blog if you have one. Many thanks, Lee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment